Egypt published on its website the regulatory framework ed Jan 2022.
The framework details the different licenses needed for the provision of each element of the IoT value chain. In total, five entities can be licensed/authorized to act on the IoT value chain:
- Existing MNOs can offer services through LTE-M and NBIoT as well as through non cellular LPWAN using 863-870MHz
- IoT network operators can provide connectivity and services through Non Cellular LPWAN based on 863-870MHz
- Satellite Operators can only provide network connectivity
- IoT service provider can be licensed to offer IoT services to others.
- Government Entities can be authorized to establish IoT platform for own use and may use IoT service providers to offer service for others.
More details on the LPWAN bands allowed for non cellular IoT as well as the full document of the regulatory framework can be found in our Knowledge Center.
For those with no much time to read the whole framework, NTRA issued an overview document that highlights the main points.