Orange Jordan has commended the decision by the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (TRC) to provide more bandwidth during the Covid-19 crisis. The TRC has granted telecom companies extra frequencies to expand network capacities so they can provi…
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) is organising the Annual Cyber Security Conference …
TRC issued a regulation on eSIM on November 11th 2019
- All devices that have electronic remote programmable chipset eSIM will be used in Jordan must :
- Be programmed by licensed local telecommunications network operators in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- The profiles data shall be uploaded to these devices by the licensed local telecommunications network operators. Otherwise, these devices shall lose their connection with the Jordanian telecommunications networks within a maximum period of 90 days.
- All systems and storage units, including equipment and other software related to eSIM must be approved in accordance with GSMA criteria for remote programmable SIM technology infrastructure
- All data and records related to the integrated electronic segments eSIM must be contained within the borders of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan only
2- The eSIM equipment to be used and sold in Jordan must be:
a- Interoperable and compatible with GSMA OTA specifications
b- Complies with GSMA SAS and ISO 27001 standard requirements and security standards.
For more information, please feel free to get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org