Through a tender issued in May 2022, ARPT showed its intention to acquire testing tools that will allow verification of WWAN, WiFi and other SRD devices.
The Authority has always been asking for a sample but for visual inspection only. Now, It seems that the plan is to move to in-country testing but no timeline has been announced yet
The tender can be downloaded from our Knowledge Center
On April 13th 2022, The President of Ivory Coast appointed Ms Namahoua Touré Bamba as the new General Director of ARTCI.
As a consequence, Realtime expects certificates issuance to be delayed
ARTCI Ivory Coast informed all potential applicants that they need to submit a sample for every product they want to approve or face the application to be rejected at the front desk level.
This is not a change in the regulation but rather an enforcement of existing regulation
After issuance of a draft in 2019, South Africa ICASA issued on Dec 15th 2021 the amendment of the radio frequency spectrum regulation listing allowed bands for unlicensed bands. The new regulations came with the following modifications:
- More bands for inductive applications allowing more deployment for Wireless charger beyond 135KHz (135-148.5KHz and 148.5-5000KHz)
- New RFID Band 400-600KHz -8dbuA/m @10m
- UWB: 3100-4800MHz & 6000-9500 MHz
- 5725-5875MHz added for Non Specific Applications EN 300440 and for Wireless Industrial Applications EN 303 258
- Radar 57-64Ghz EN 305550
- 63-64GHz for ITS
- 77-81GHz for RTTT
These are the main changes our customers were asking about all the time.. finally, we have them now!
The regulation can be found on the authority website
Botswana BOCRA is calling for comments on Draft of Type approval and repair center guidelines. The draft was published on Friday November 6th 2021.
The guidelines which are supposed to be enforced in April 2022 call for the Type approval requestor to ensure that
- Approved equipments are maintained and repaired in centers accredited by the authority
- Consumers are provided with aftersales support
- formal agreements with local and international partners exist
- a register of repair centers under partnership is maintained
- dispose off electronic waste
Parties interested to give feedback on this consultation can fill this form.